Dana Henry has engaged in community and legal advocacy as a litigator in the State of Louisiana since 2000. Mr. Henry began his legal career in New Orleans at Usry, Weeks, and Matthews as an Associate focusing on §1983 civil rights actions in the United States District Courts. But, his primary focus as a litigator has been in the areas of contracts, torts, juvenile law, and family law. Also, Mr. Henry has clerked for two (2) Judges in the Orleans Parish Civil District Court.
Mr. Henry is licensed to practice in all Louisiana State and Federal Courts, including the United States District Courts for the Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of Louisiana. Mr. Henry is a member of the Louisiana Bar Association. Additionally, Mr. Henry has worked professionally as a management consultant supporting the Louisiana Department of Transportation and Development, City Director at Stand for Children, a national education advocacy organization, and Vice-President of Education and Youth Development for the Urban League of Louisiana. Most recently, Mr. Henry served as Executive Director of Institutional Advancement at Einstein Charter Schools, a four (4) campus charter school network in New Orleans. Also, Mr. Henry has worked as an adjunct Faculty Member at the University of Phoenix and Herzing University facilitating lectures in Business Law, Contracts, and Torts.
Mr. Henry is a graduate of Howard University in Washington D.C. and the Southern University Law Center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.
- National Campaign for Grade Level Reading, Council of Champions Recipient, (2018)
- Alliance for Diversity and Excellence (ADE) Advocacy Award Recipient (February 2017)
- New Orleans Public Library (Board of Directors)
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Greater New Orleans and Acadiana (Board of Directors)
- New Orleans Recreation Department Commission (Chairperson, Rules and By-Laws Committee)
- Collegiate Academies, Charter Management Organization (Board of Directors)
- New Orleans Regional Business Park, (Board of Commissioners)
- Orleans Parish Democratic Executive Committee