We are pleased to welcome two new staff members. Lisa Schott, Chief Human Resources
Advisor and Lisa Nyquist, School Finance & Operations Specialist and Technical Advisor. Also in this issue:
- SLHA Facilitates Loan Closing with Promesa Academy Charter School, By Stephanie Bazan
*Correction to this article. We would like to include that Janet Robertson, who leads the Firm’s bond counsel and public finance practice, assisted as financing counsel on the project.
- ACLU Attention to Texas School District Dress Codes, By Karen Ice
- Contracting Basics – Don’t Forget the Child Support Certification Form!, By Celina Warren
- ADA Accommodation, By Emily Boney
- Property Tax Exemption Law for Charter Schools Goes Into Effect for 2022 Tax Year, By Joe Joyce
- Regulating Student Speech in Light of the Mahanoy Decision, By Jasmine Grant
Read the March 2022 School Law Buzz.
Have Questions? We’ll Answer.
If you have any questions concerning the content in this e-newsletter or any other school law matter, please contact Laura Van Story at firstname.lastname@example.org or at (210) 538-5385.